Last Sunday, Pastor Tadd challenged us from the story of David and Goliath. His challenge was for us to come down off the hillside and to fight in the valley together. Pastor Tadd asked everyone to take some honest assessment of our own involvement and to ask ourselves, “Are we fighting together or are we just showing up each week and observing the fight”? The reality is that we have a cause to fight for. We have a community that desperately needs Jesus. We don’t need people that just observe the fight… we need those that are willing to lock arms and fight for the cause with us. When it comes to your time, your connections, your serving, your passion for reaching people far from God, and your finances… are you fighting in every area of your life? As Pastor Tadd said, “If you are not fighting with us, then you are actually fighting against us.”
So many people asked us after the service how they can start this year off right, get involved at PRC, and begin living this out. We’ve put together a short list of some incredible opportunities for you to get involved. These opportunities, when embraced by everyone at our church, will enable us to advance the vision God has given us for our church. We’re praying that we will see involvement, attendance, obedience, and ownership rise to a new level in 2013. As a result, we believe God is going to exceed our expectations.
4 ways you can fight with us this year:
1. Volunteering. Our Volunteers are the VIP of our church. Sundays would not happen if were not for our incredible volunteer teams. Our volunteers realize that Sunday is about something so much more than just what they can get out of our church. Their hearts are focused on what they can give to the church by giving our guests the best church experience possible. If you’re interested in becoming a volunteer at PRC or maybe you’ve just fallen away from a team you were once working with, then email Brandon Delk and let’s get you in the game.
2. LifeGroups. LifeGroups are small groups of people that are specifically designed to make a large church smaller and more intimate. These groups meet during the week in different homes throughout our community. They spend time digging through Sundays message, asking and answering questions, praying together, and spend time together doing other fun activities outside of the church. This is a great place to connect and to get to know some other families at PRC that truly love, care, and want to get to know you. If you’re interested in learning more about LifeGroups or getting plugged, then email Will Hatten.
3. Pine Ridge Bible Studies. We have both Men’s and Women’s Bible Studies that meet throughout the week. Every Tuesday night at 6:30 pm, the men of our church gather together and every Thursday night at 6:30 pm our lades gather together, for a time of prayer and study in our Ignite Students room. This is an incredible night of connection, encouragement, and spiritual growth. Men, if you would like more information about our Men’s Bible Study, then please email Tony Diana. Ladies, if you would like more information about our Ladies Bible Study, then please email Jennifer Snipes.
4. Giving. God influences the world through His people and His people are what make-up His church. Every dollar you give to PRC makes an impact in this community and across the earth for the glory of Jesus Christ; the Gospel is preached, lives are changed, the hungry are fed, and you, in turn, are blessed by God so that you can continue to be a blessing for God. PRC will not advance without the faithful and intentional giving of our church. We are praying that you would truly make God the first priority in your finances this year. The reality is this, if you don’t make God the priority in your finances, then something or someone else will always compete to be your priority.
There are many ways to begin giving at PRC, but here a just a few:
- Sign-up for Automated Giving and you can have your bank account automatically drafted
- Giving online weekly, bi-weekly, or monthly
- Setting up automatic bill pay through your bank
- Mailing in your gifts to 904 East Main Street | Haw River, NC 27258
- Giving on Sunday mornings during our time of giving
These are four great ways to practically start locking-in at PRC. We truly believe that God has some incredible things planned for our church this year. We are praying that you and your family take some serious ownership of your church in 2013. If we are going to be a church that does, “Whatever It Takes”, then we have to be people that are willing to do “Whatever It Takes”. Our prayer is that we can do this together. Let’s take God at His word and just see what He has in store!
The Best Is Yet To Come!
Pastor Tadd and PRC Staff